The cristal clear waters of Lanzarote contain a great ecosystem with more than 350 species of fish and more than 1200 species of invertebrates of Mediterranean, Tropical and Macaronesian origins. This paired with a volcanic sea bed makes for a very unique and characteristic underwater landscape. Within these waters you will be able to dive at more than 10 boats that are submerged in the depths and discover places very few people have seen before.
Calima Dive School is recognised a PADI dives Centre and we have at your disposal the best facilities, and latest gear and equipment necessary for you to enjoy this great adventure with a total feeling of security. We also have a hyperbaric Chamber for any unforeseen emergency that could occur whilst the activity is taking place.
All of our diving instructors are qualified, with more than 10 years’ experience in the practice and teachings of this recreational sport, as well as great connoisseurs of the local coast and waters of Lanzarote.
Calima Surf with all of its related schools remains open 365 days a year, and we carry out classes, dives and courses every day of the week and for every level. You will have to provide a medical certificate and for those that are going to do a course that gives accreditation you will have to bring your passport, together with a passport standard photograph.
We offer transport from and to the hotels in Costa Teguise and Puerto del Carmen to our school. For those that are staying in any other location, the pickup point will be Caleta de Famara.
– INTRODUCTION TO DIVING –
* Includes 3 hour diving classes.
* This activity is carried out in the little beach with a maximum depth of 6-8 metres.
* The minimum age required is 14 and all underage divers must be accompanied by their parents.
* To do one of our diving courses it’s imperative that you bring with you a medical certificate and for those that wish to do a course with a diploma you must bring your passport and a picture that is approximately 4,5 x 5.5 cm.
– PADI SCUBA DIVER BASIC INITIATION –
This is a 2-3 day course with 5 dives, 3 of which are in a pool and two are in open sea. The course includes 3 audio-visual modules of theory.
The time tables for the course are: 15:00 to 19:00 hours.
When you finish the course you will obtain a certificate that will allow you to dive in any part of the world up to a depth of 12 metres equipped with a dive suit and an advanced level diver such as an instructor.
– DIVES OF ALL VARIETIES –
For those that have experience, and have reached an advanced level of diving, we carry out both day and night dives the 365 days of the year in amazing and breath-taking sites across the island. We also offer the possibility of renting all of the necessary gear, guides and boats.
– PADI INSTRUCTORS –
– MULTI-ADVENTURE SURF + DIVING –
From Calima Surf School we carry out multi-adventure camps created for all ages and combining different disciplines for all those that wish to learn one or more different types of activities at the same time.
This pack is primarily designed for those that are at a beginner’s level in both diving and surfing.
Therefore if you are at an advanced or intermediate level, get in contact with our team and we will be happy to assist you and inform you on our other courses that we offer during the year to some of the most spectacular places in Lanzarote. Are you ready for the great adventure this means?
The pack includes
* 3 Days of surf classes (5 hours a day/15 hours total) and 2 days of diving classes (3 hours a day/6 hours total). * 1 Week of stay in one of our Surf Houses. * All of the necessary equipment and material needed to enjoy the activities. * We have decompression chamber to cover any possible emergency that may arise during our programmed activities. * Transport to and from Calima Surf School to the place where the activities will be carried out. * Food on the beach (warm roll, fruit juice and water) * Certificates of accreditation and diplomas where they’re due.
* Aquatic photos during the surf lessons.
– OPEN WATER DIVERS INITIATION COURSE –
This is a 4-5 day course with 9 dives, 4 of which are in a pool and 5 are in open sea. The course includes 3 audio-visual modules of theory.
The times in which the course is carried out are as follows: 15:00 to 19:00 hours.
There is a maximum of 4 students per teacher.
When you finalise your course you will obtain a diploma which will allow you to dive up to depths of 18 metres. You must be equipped with a dive suit and be accompanied by another person that is at least an open water diver.
– ADVANCED PADI OPEN WATER DIVERS COURSE –
This is a 3 day course with a total of 5 dives in open sea.
The timetable for the course is from 9:00 until 14:00 hours.
To pass this course and obtain the corresponding certificate you must perform a dive that reaches 30 metres. The rest of the dives will take place where the students decide, we normally adventure into the fascinating places that include the sunken wrecks of Puerto del Carmen.
Once this course has been completed you will be able to dive anywhere in the world up to depths of 30 metres without having to be accompanied by anyone.
Minimum 2 people
|Introduction to diving (3 hrs)||65€|
|Padi Scuba Diver Course (2 days)||270€|
|PADI Open Water Diver Course (4 -5 days )||390€|
|PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course (3 days)||295€|
|7 nights + 3 days surfing+ 2 sessions diving (initiation)||440€|
|Yoga Class Extra (1:30h)||15€/session|
** PADI Advanced Open Water Diver including equipment rental = 335€